4.01.2008

SOME BARB NEWS...

The complete lists of all free agents has been sent out as an Excel spreadsheet. If you wish to bid on free agents, submit your bids via email. Your email should be titled:

"My Free Agent Bids"

I have to have it by Friday the 4th at midnight. Make it as detailed as you like, but I must limit the number of players signed this way to five per team. You can sign less than five, but five is the limit.

On Saturday, I will notify owners of what free agents, if any, they have received, adding their names to the new rosters. I will also send you your managerial card to fill out to begin programming the simulation. I will need that card, or an email with all the card info, no later than Wednesday the 9th. That will give me sufficient time to create all your teams on the software (that should take about six hours over two days) and our league can begin sometime that weekend, with full game descriptions of Opening Day on Monday the 14th. At that point, we will be 12 games behind the average major-league team. I'd like to play a flurry of double-headers in the first week and get to the point where we are only 7-9 games behind, and that way we can stay more current. In the past we've started 2-3 weeks behind, and ended up about a month behind, and I want to correct that.

Start sending in your bids!

SH

No comments: