10.22.2008

APOLOGY

OK, I really suck. I really should have a writeup on the season finale right away. But I'm a bit banged-up after moving into a new classroom at Bullard and I'm also waiting on press releases from the winners. It will happen some time today or tomorrow.

5 comments:

Matt Caskey said...

so apparently i lost because i have no been given an email about a write up. This is really messed up because i probably lost by a game or so and i played the first have of the season without a DH when I should have had one. Basically, i traded a first round draft pick last year for Derrek Lee and he didnt help me at all.

Anonymous said...

First off Matt, just because you got Derek Lee doesn't "seal the deal" in making the playoffs. Its a team effort and while you had a good O, you had a SHITTY rotation for most of the year; Bernard busted out big time, YOU TRADED DAN HAREN... YOUR TRUE ACE... for two youngesters which was a HUGE mistake, cause aside from Bernard, Chris Young was on/off the DL and didn't have good control when he pitched... really you made a horrible decision that could have costed you and you were hit with injuries in your rotation. This is really the reason you MAY have not made the playoffs.

Also your pen wasn't necessarliy special also... so really you loss and bad performace of your arms let you down this season; the worst being trading Haren! I think everyone will second that. So while you may have got Lee, lets just say Haren being traded canceled any positive out of that.

ALSO, you got to be kidding me: JOBA, HUGES, KENNEDY... HAHAHA next season. the last two mentioned will be smacked around like a little kid with horrible stats. If you think you can contend next season with that, then be ready for a let down like again.

Anonymous said...

I mean really, who would trade their ace starter during the stretch run... you cannot justify that, especially if the goal was to get to the playoffs! Perhaps that could have meant the difference.

Also, yeah I think the whole DH thing could have hurt, but nobody is perfect; Hatfield has this year, and in the past messed up the chagnes I sent him and perhaps many games. Two years ago could be blamed on Hatfield cause I was set up to go to the playoffs, but somehow, my SPOTSTARTER (one who rarely pitches once in a while), who was Francis, pitched like 3 to 4 games in like 15 and he lost all those, so don't wine cause we all have been hurt by it!

ejcMOABS said...

Easy Ronald take some meds and relax. I think what Matthew is arguing is that he was playing (in theory) with a 24 man roster because he was suppose to be with a DH all season, which wasn't realized until more than half the season that he wasn't. The DH situation involved Derrek Lee. Lee a tremendous talent would likely add .5 runs per game with a DH in the lineup oppose to a pitcher. Consequently, .5 runs throughout the season alters many games. And Lee cost the organization a first round pick. Let me put it in terms that Ronald whatchamacallits can understand. You trade Jose Reyes without first round compensation. Consequently you would only get Joba for a few weeks around the allstar break before you inevitably deal him. I maintain that Matthew stole the Haren-Joba/Morrow deal for this season and the long-run. When you have injuries you need to deal from strength to add depth. Sorry good move to get two players on the rise and one on a serious decline (Haren looked like he should be playing for the Braves in the second half)...

Andrew Haynes said...

When are you posting the games?