9.24.2007

DODGING A BULLET

I had an unreal incident today and I wanted to let all you BARB GM's know there is a slight chance of an interruption of BARB service. During my 7th period class, two young 'ladies' began brawling in the front of my class, and in the process knocked over my podium, broke a stapler (one threw it as the other) and (tripping all over the power cords) unseated the video card in my computer. I'm trying to run it now, but it's looking creaky. I may need a new monitor, or a new video card, or both.

As a precaution (who knows what else might have happened during the melee) I'm backing up the league software and sending this all-points bulletin both on the blog and through e-mail. I'm going to bring in a portable hard drive to back up my main drive on my school computer later this week. In the event that there is a failure, I'll be able to get us up and running with an older Windows XP computer that I've kept around for such an eventuality, but I might be out of action for 2-3 days.

Otherwise, don't worry. And yes, for the record, those girls will not be back in my class again, ever.

No comments: