
Office of the League Commissioner----With a sheepish expression, the Head Czar of all things BARB confirmed that the Brooklyn Moabs had acquired high-priced veteran Ken Griffey Jr. from the Horned Toads, continuing Casselton's recent trend of shipping out sluggers for prospects.
The price? Moabs OF prospect Travis Buck, hitting just .231 in limited duty with Brooklyn but a young player scouts project as a regular capable of hitting .275 with good strike zone judgement, and perhaps 20-25 HR a year.
"This deal was set to be finalized right before I went on vacation," admitted a red-faced Hatfield. "The confirmation was sent while I was away, and while it was implemented in the software, I didn't remember to publicize the move. Sorry if that created any confusion for either club."
Griffey was hitting .271 with 15 HR and 41 RBI for the Horned Toads at the time of the deal, and was actually slated to be the club's likely representative in the league All-Star Game. "What can I say?" Hatfield snapped, throwing up his hands. "He's no longer a member of that club, and from what I understand, he's likely to be a platoon player with the Moabs. At least, that's what I hear from Bobby Cox and the Moabs management. An expensive luxury, I suppose. But it's not every day a club picks up a player with 608 career HR and 1,756 career RBI. He's one of the top 10 players of all time, and yet we treat him as an afterthought. Kind of strange."
No comments:
Post a Comment